Nothing much

April 25th, 2010

This is a short one, but I put up some good new pictures of game night and camels, so take a look.

This week was mostly 40s-50s and windy. Friday was the only day with no wind, and temperatures got up to 65-70 (so hot!), but on Saturday it was back to 40s, and the wind was so strong that walking was difficult. Apparently this means that the ice cover on the Pechora river has broken up and the water has begun to flow. The Pechora always brings a wave of cold weather with it, as I’m told.

I didn’t do much out of the ordinary, again. I went to my friend Oleg’s choir concert last Sunday and saw a bunch of groups from the music school perform. One female sextet was especially impressive. They sang a Russian arrangement of a Beethoven minuet. Besides that group, it was a lot of typical children’s choirs. They sang mostly patriotic war songs, though; apparently there was a contest for the best patriotic song recently and they all prepared entries. This Friday we had another English game night, where we played President/Asshole, Egyptian Ratslap, and Set. It was a lot of fun. After that I went to Masha’s and we walked around Sosnogorsk, eating ice cream and enjoying the warm weather.

Today I made myself some bliny and cut my own bangs, and tonight is singing. I’ll try to think of something more interesting to talk about in my next entry. 🙂